Here are some common reasons why a bundle was deleted automatically:
- The dummy product in Shopify was deleted, which consequently deleted the bundle in Bundle Kit.
- The dummy product originally had no variants (behind the scenes, Shopify actually creates a hidden variant called
Default Title). But when you added a variant (from no variants), Shopify consequently deletes this hidden variant, which consequently deleted the
Default Titlebundle variant in Bundle Kit.
Scenarios that could have led to the above:
- Merchant unintentionally deletes product or product variants in Shopify that is associated with a bundle or bundle variants.
- Merchant bulk updates products or product variants via CSV in Shopify which unintentionally led to (1): https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/import-export/import-products#before-you-begin
- A different third-party app that happened to delete product or product variants in Shopify that are coincidentally associated with a bundle or bundle variants in Bundle Kit.
Kindly note that under no circumstances would Bundle Kit delete the merchant’s products or product variants (associated with a bundle or not) in Shopify.
And under no circumstances would Bundle Kit delete the merchant’s bundles without consent.